Monday, June 09, 2014

Monday Must-Reads (June 9) and #Hacked

Photo: Linda Nylind for The Guardian


There's some good stuff around the blogosphere this week I want to share with y'all. But first of all, I'll let you in on a little post that didn't quite make it out there. In fact, I found it in my drafts folder here on Blogger. The post was called "#hacked" and you might guess that one of my children authored that one. You'd be right. For her sake, I'll include it here (I'm so kind, I'm even editing it for her):
Hi, it's Una. I am on Mom's iPad. I know she will hate me 4 this but it must be done. If you haven't read The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan then you are missing out on a big part of life. So go check out the first book, The Lost Hero. The next one is called The Son of Neptune, and next comes The Mark of Athena. The fourth is The House of Hades. The last one comes out this fall it's called The Blood of Olympus. I am so excited. See ya! 
Yep. So that about sums up her reason for living. That and the new iPhone for her birthday that she bought with her own money but is still a birthday present because we are paying for the service for probably the rest of her pre-adult life and maybe even then some.

Onward to reading!

I loved Glennon's "Beauty Routine" on Momastery. It's not what you think, I promise! And you will laugh. Maybe even out loud.

Kelle had a few words for parents with "A Wild Card Day" on Enjoying the Small Things and Shauna Niequist explains the mantra she chants to the unmarried (and married): "You Are Significant With or Without a Significant Other."  Jamie The Very Worst Missionary has something to say to the married with "20 Years." Jamie is hilarious.

And then, Glennon (again) expresses so well the way that we who find ourselves across the political from another human being can bridge it with compassion, with listening, and kindness: "Progress."

Happy reading!

No comments: