Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday Must-Reads (and Watches), June 16

Photo: Linda Nylind for The Guardian

Good Monday to you. It's sure been a full week. My Gramps passed away at the momentous age of 93 and the week was spent preparing for his funeral and traveling. There wasn't a whole lot of time for blog reading, but I'll share a few tidbits that I found fascinating and also somewhat controversial this week.

For those of you engaged in evangelical "modesty" discussions, this was a fascinating take on the psychological impact of the bikini in our culture. I didn't even know the speaker had a "faith" angle till the end; the science alone, if it's accurate, is fascinating. Although I've seen other responses to the same study online that argue with the research. See what you think.

Something controversial and challenging for those who hold the 2nd amendment dear: Here's a woman who is a a gun lover and supporter of the second amendment and is suggesting that her relationship with Christ might dictate giving up her guns for the sake of safety for our children and our schools.

Glennon had another winner with "The One Conversation that Could Save Your Teen's Life (and Your Own)." I'll definitely be taking this advice.

Have a great week and, as my Gramps would say over and again through the years: "May the Bird of Paradise sit on your sill."

No comments: