Monday, November 03, 2014

Monday Must-Reads (November 3, 2014)

Photo: Linda Nylind for The Guardian
Happy Monday. This weekend had me pulling out the down winter coat--the one that looks like a sleeping bag it's so long. But that's okay. I was warm and if I could go back in time I would tell my seventh grader self Who Cares if Coats Make You Look Fat!? Warmth matters more.  Also, other than the sleeping bag-coat, we celebrated Middle's birthday with family tonight. She'll be ten in two days. Double digits. That's something pretty special. Anyhoo, here are a few reads I wanted to share with you this week.

For the introverts. My people. In case you weren't sure: 12 signs you are an introvert.

Girl who escaped Boko Haram talks about captivity...

Just browse Target? Is it even possible to shop ethically on a tight budget without looking like a smelly hippy? from Jamie the Very Worst Missionary.

What I want you to know about having a child with Down Syndrome from Rage Against the Minivan.

For those of us trying to hard: How I do it all (not).

Oh! I almost forgot! The Kindle edition of Dear Boy, is on sale through November 6. Only $.99 on Amazon. Don't forget to snatch one up if you haven't already!





***Heather Weber is the author of Dear Boy,: An Epistolary Memoir.

"Dear Boy, is a brilliant and unusual memoir of distance and absence--the absence of a beloved brother from his sister's life and the absence of healthy mothering that, over the years, drove brother and sister apart. Weber deftly shifts point of view so that, piece by piece, readers gather the sum of confusion and loss. Yet there is so much love and forgiveness in the narrator that, in a way, each character is redeemed. I'm moved by this life, this telling of it." --Fleda Brown, author of Driving with Dvorak.


No comments: